How long can being chaptered out of the Army take?
Asked: How long can being chaptered out of the Army take?
Only been in for 7 months.MOS 11B.My psychiatrist said it would be in my best interest in terms of mental health to be chaptered out on a 5-17 Chapter because of my depression.I want to do this as I am no good to anyone if I end up not functioning as a soldier or killing myself.I've read the Article and Chapter descriptions already, so I do not need the information about it.I am wondering how long being Chaptered out will take, and if anyone has had experience regarding being chaptered out.
I appreciate your time and help.
You've been in over 6 months so you cannot be put out on an entry level separation.That would have been the fastest.You'll need a Med Board.Figure 30 days for the board and a couple weeks after that to process you out.
It's all going to depend on your unit and how long they take to do the paperwork.Because your chapter will be a medboard, it will probably take from 3-9 months although I've heard of it happening a lot faster and a lot slower than that.
it CAN be done in a day.. and i have seen it happen that fast.
usually, it takes 3-6 months.you will NOT be cut loose until you are deemed not a danger to yourself or others.the more you mention suicide, the longer you are on hold.
Got a better answer? Share it below!
Incoming search terms:
- how long would it take to be chaptered out of the army
- process of chaptering out of the army
- what is chaptering out of the army
- what is being chaptered out of the army
- out long does it take to get chaptered out of the army
- if recieving counseling from behavior heaith can you be chaptered
- How to get chaptered out of army for depression
- can i get chaptered out army for molestation
- how long to be chaptered out of army
- how long does it take to get chaptered out of the army